While trying to create an offline Agile Designer license request, I am receiving the following message after clicking the 'Commit' button in CodeMeter Control Center- Error: Failed to create Context File, Error 0.
CA Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)- Agile Designer
All product release versions.
This error message typically means that the license request file already exists for the chosen license container. This can happen if the license request file has the same name as the old license request file or if the license request file exists in the same location as previous license requests.
The default license request file will be labeled in this format: 2767-2825990913.WibuCmRaC. If you previously created a license request, this will be the same default name as last time and the file will need to be re-named.
The default location the license request file is saved to is C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner\activation. If you previously created a license request, this will be the same location. If the license file has the same name and same location, there will be an error message. You may need to choose a new location for the file to be saved/committed to.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin
- Locate 'CodeMeterCC.exe', right-click, and choose 'Run as administrator'.
- In the CodeMeter Control Center window, under the 'License' tab, select the CM license container 'AgileDesigner'.
- Click either the 'License Update' or 'Activate License' button.
- If you are activating this type of license for the first time, you will see the 'Activate License' option.
- If you have already applied an Agile Designer license before through here or the ActivationWizard.exe, you will see the 'Update License' button.
- The 'CMFAS Assistant' window will now show with the Welcome page. Click the 'Next' button.
- By default the 'Create license request' radio button is selected. Leave this option selected and click the 'Next' button.
- By default the file path location of this license request file will be saved to C:\Program Files\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner\activation. Change the save location by clicking on the '...' button to choose another location.
- For example, move it to your Desktop or C:\ProgramFiles\Grid-Tools\AgileDesigner\activation\(NEW FOLDER).
- By default the request file's name is something similar to 32767-2825990913.WibuCmRaC. Change the name of the file by clicking in the file path box in the wizard.
- For example, rename the license request file to something like LicenseRequest.WibuCmRaC.
- Please make sure you leave the file extension as 'WibuCmRaC' when you edit the file name.
- Click the 'Commit' button.
- You should no longer see the error message.
- You should receive a message saying 'The license request file has been successfully created'. Click the 'Finish' button.
- Go to the location of where you saved the license request file to and verify that it is there.
Continue the steps in this document to fill out a license request form and apply the license: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec1147813.html
If you experience any further licensing issues, please open a support case on https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or call 1-800-225-5224.