The 'WIP Reversal' is a function that allows the transaction to be removed completely from the financial module. When you do the reversal, the record remains in the table with a status = 2 but does not show up in the UI. The reversal amount is then removed from the project side when the 'Import Financial Actuals' job is executed, but does not update any data from Timesheets. If you perform a 'WIP Reversal' for a financial transaction that originated from a Timesheet, there will be a discrepancy if you try to compare Timesheet Transactions to Financial Transactions. To 'reverse' or remove Timesheet entries, make a Timesheet Adjustment to update the quantity to zero (0). DO NOT simply delete the Timesheet entry. Then process the Timesheet Adjustment through to the WIP processing to update the financial transactions.
The 'WIP Transfer' is a function that allows you to transfer a transaction from one project / task to another project / task combination. If the originating transaction comes from a Timesheet we recommend adjusting the timesheet to make the change and follow the standard steps to process the adjustment into the financial module to ensure discrepancies are not developed. If you perform a 'WIP Transfer' for a financial transaction that originated from a Timesheet, there will be a discrepancy. The 'Import Financial Actuals' job does not update any data from Timesheets. To 'transfer' Timesheet entries, make a Timesheet Adjustment to update the quantity to zero (0) on the existing project / task and add a new entry line item to enter the hours on the new project / task. Then process the Timesheet Adjustment through to WIP processing to update the financial transactions.
If the originating transaction comes from a voucher transaction entry you can use this 'transfer' feature. The transferred amount is updated on both projects when the 'Import Financial Actuals' job executes.
To use this feature, you have to follow specific steps to transfer to another task within the same project or to transfer another project/task combination. The destination project must have the destination Resource assigned to the destination task before performing the transfer action. If the transaction is selected for transfer and the specified filtering is not performed to show the transaction, the WIP transfer action will not be successful.
- Be sure to check the destination project - destination resource must be assigned to the destination task
- If the originating transaction comes from a Timesheet, make a Timesheet adjustment instead of using the 'WIP Transfer' feature. The source of the transaction can be seen on the detail of the financial transaction in the 'Entry Type' field. If the originating transaction comes from a voucher, proceed with the steps.
- Create WIP Adjustments > Search for the (voucher) transaction
It is very important to use the following fields in the Filter Section using the specific criteria of the originating transactions for the transfer action to be completed successfully. If the fields are not specified to filter and return the desired originating transactions you won't be able to complete the steps to transfer the transaction.
- Select/check the originating transaction(s)
- Click 'Transfer' button
- On the Transfer Page, fill in the new Project, Task and Resource values
- Click 'Submit' button, see the transfer action is successful
- Navigate to Approve WIP Adjustments page
- Select/check the transaction(s)
- Click 'Approve' button
- Execute 'Import Financial Actuals' job to update the projects