What do you do when you are experiencing sporadic S0C7 abends? The application may run successfully for hours or even days and then abend. This cycle may continue. Before calling CA Support and sending dumps, here are some items to check.
1. Has the application / transaction worked consistently in the past?
2. Determine when the abends started.
3. Any recent changes to the program(s) abending?
4. Any EAB’s being accessed. If so, check the views and make sure they match.
5. In general view matching could be the cause of sporadic S0C7 data exceptions.
6. Check the input data and verify the code can process exceptions (programming logic problem).
7. Verify maintenance is up-to-date.