While trying to redirect a 12.5 Scalability Server to a 12.8 Domain Manager using the command 'cserver config -h <new DM>', the following error occurs:
Exit code 18, the new manager is not available.
The log file shows an error SMSTATUS=0x00033027.
The problem seems to be related to the CAPKI version installed on the 12.5 SP1 computers.
On a standard 12.5 SP1 installation the CAPKI installed version is: 4.2.2.
If the installed CAPKI version is 4.2.8 possibly installed/upgraded by another CA product also installed on the computer, CAPKI needs to be upgraded t. 4.2.9.
Note: CAPKI version 4.2.8 has a known issue in SSL communication with other versions of CAPKI/openssl and this could be the reason for this handshake failure.
In order to solve this problem you should upgrade CAPKI to version 4.2.9 (or later) on the ITCM 12.5 SP1 computer as below:
- On the ITCM 12.5 SP1 computer run 'regedit' and go to the following location:
- 64 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI\Dependencies
- 32 bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\Shared\CAPKI\Dependencies
- In the right pane you will see an entry of REG_SZ type with the CAPKI installed version.
For instance: 'Arcserve' REG_SZ 4.2.8
In this example 'Arcserve' is the caller.
- Open a command prompt window (running as Administrator) and browse to the following location of the ITCM media/dump (let us suppose D: is the drive letter for the DVD drive):
- Run the following command:
Setup.exe install caller="ARCserve" verbose
- When finished, the CAPKI version should be upgraded to version 4.3.0 which is the one included in ITCM 12.8.
- Reboot the computer.
After the above steps, you should be able to execute the 'cserver config -h <new DM>' command successfully on the Scalability Server.