Do you use the DBXLOAD utility to load metadata into the Repository? If yes, have you loaded data from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet into the AllFusion Repository For z/OS? If so, you may have found that text fields in your Excel sheet do not remain fixed when uploading to a mainframe dataset requiring you to manually align the text fields which can be very time consuming and cumbersome.
- Open the original Excel spreadsheet in Excel
- Select FILE .SAVE AS and select FILES OF TYPE (*. CSV ) Comma Delimited File
- Open the (*. CSV ) file in Excel
- Select FILE .SAVE AS and select FILES OF TYPE(*.PRN) Space Delimited File
- Upload the .PRN file to the mainframe