error upon trying to open the controller
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Unified Infrastructure Management
UNIFIED INFRASTRUCTURE MGMT:CAUIM
When trying to open the robot controller GUI an error displays:
error upon trying to open the controller:
Unable to reach controller,
error message: communication error
- UMP and other local probes stopped working post-upgrade.
- All other probes on the ump machine displaying as red with lock icon
- Robot 7.62
- ping hub from robot is fine
- telnet from Robot TO HUB on port 48002 is successful
- telnet from HUB TO Robot on port 48000 is successful
- All Infrastructure probes such as controller, hdb and spooler display port and PID and are green but we get a communication error when trying to open ANY probe.
- Tried manual reset of security (magic keys) but to no avail.
- All probes were working fine prior to upgrade to 8.1
- netstat -an shows robot is listening
- Tools->Connect from IM hub connects to robot and gets INFO no problem
- no local or remote firewall
- All other robots working fine
Mar 23 11:05:56:254 ERROR [OnValidateSubscription-229, Utilities:135]
Error occurred during probe status verification : Probe Name =/NimsoftDevDom/NimsoftDevHub/xxxlknxnimnms01/nas
Mar 23 11:05:58:892 INFO [OnValidateSubscription-229, ThreadMethods:366] ************ Hub subscription failure detected, need restarting dashboard engine ****
Mar 23 10:58:12:407  Controller: nimSession - failed to connect session to 10.164.x.xxx:48001, error code 111
Mar 23 10:58:12:407  Controller: nimPostMessage: sockConnect failed
Mar 23 10:58:12:408  Controller: send_internal_message - failed to flush message (permission denied)
Mar 23 10:58:15:668  Controller: send_internal_alarm: sockConnect failed
Mar 23 10:58:15:678  Controller: verify login - cmd=probe_list frm=10.164.x.xxx/47141 failed
Mar 23 10:58:17:314  Controller: send_internal_alarm: sockConnect failed
hub shows this for the ump machine 10.164.x.xxx in the hub.log
Mar 23 12:28:45:024  hub: SSL - SSL_accept error (1) on new SSL connection
Mar 23 12:28:45:040  hub: SSL - accept failed for 10.164.x.xxx/44894
Stop the robot on the primary hub
cd to ...\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\hub
Rename or delete the
file - this allows the robot to re-register to the hub as if it were new.
Start the hub
Recycle the UMP machine (robot)
Try to open the controller GUI again. It should work and then you can validate any other probes still displaying as red with a lock icon by selecting the probe and then rt-click to choose Security->Validate.
Potential cause: "something" changed about the robot - whether that was something like the IP address, OS Description, etc. But this seemed to, for whatever reason, cause the robot to fail to register with the hub, probably because the hub thought it was a duplicate/rogue robot.
Was this information helpful?