The customer is getting a System error 85 in the upgrade/installation process, e.g. In the aw_install.log you can see entries like below that indicate that the drive was in use by something else.
System error 85 has occurred.
The local device name is already in use.
Requested processes "all" not running
There are several possible reasons for this behavior:
- Another process is blocking the specified path.
- A firewall is blocking access to the target path.
- You are using an incorrect Oracle client version.
Please follow the below steps to get past the error:
- The System error 85 is an OS error message. Please first try to reboot the system and try it again. If the problem still persists, look at the resolution to the error at the Microsoft support site:
- Make sure that you've copied the installation source to the same file system as the target.
- Check your Oracle client version as you should at lease use a 10 cilent to connect to the Oracle 10 database, e.g.