When you try to create user in the Unified Self Service which contain numbers in the screen name, it returns an error "Please enter a valid screen name" shown below:
- Windows 2008 / 2012
- R14.1 Unified Self Service
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Stop Unified Self-Service services manually.
- Take a backup of portal-ext.properties file from the location C:\Program Files\CA\Self Service\OSOP.
- Edit the file and add the below entry at the end:
- Save the file and start the Unified Self-Service services manually.
You should now be able to create a user with the numeric screen name.