We're in the process of removing unwanted units from an OBS. We were able to disassociate most of them from Ideas and Projects Objects (in order to delete), however one last unit remains - UNASSIGNED. Despite there not appearing to be any associations, when we try and delete UNASSIGNED, it states:
Error OBS-0219: You cannot delete an OBS used for datamart processing You must first remove the Datamart association
We have tried running Datamart jobs and also cleared system cache to no avail. How do we identify what's blocking us from deleting this particular unit?
Check to ensure the OBS Unit is removed from the Datamart Settings page.
- Login as an administrator user
- Navigate to Administration, Data Administration: Datamart Settings
- Look at the 'Project Organization Breakdown Structure Mapping' and 'Resource Organizational Breakdown Structure Mapping' sections
- If the OBS Unit is configured in either section select it (check the box) and click 'Delete' button
- Be sure that there is at least 1 remaining OBS Unit for each section to ensure the successful completion of the Datamart Extraction job
- Navigate to Home, Jobs list and execute the 'Datamart Extraction' job
- Once the job has completed successfully, if this OBS Unit is not used in other places within the application, you should be able to delete it
If the OBS Unit is also used in Financial processing, please refer to the following articles for more information:
KB000022096: How do we delete a Financial Department Location OBS Unit?
KB000026814: Can an OBS associated to an entity be modified or deleted?