Mostly under Unix, the Spectrum Control Panel (SCP) will be started via command line (bash shell). If you are logged in as root user and start the SCP, the root user will also be used to start the Archive Manager. The user 'root' is not a user in the Archive Manager's DDMdb and that leads to this error message. Mostly seen in OneClick under connection status - "events" of this landscape being "down".
The install owner should always be used to start the SCP.
The install owner should always be a non 'root' user.
- Open a bash shell on the SpectroServer (SS).
- Run command ps -ef | grep SCP and check owner of the process. Is it 'root'?
- If so, stop the SS in SCP and then close the SCP.
- Switch user to Spectrum install owner (Defined in $SPECROOT/UI-CONFIG.<hostname of SS> under "owner =") and start SCP again.
- Start SS and ArchMgr (if not set to Auto Start/Stop Archive Manger - under Control).
- For further verification check in the $SPECROOT/SS/DDM/ARCHMGR.OUT file again, if it does not change the status of the Archive Manager.