In situations where users are unable to attach documents to a CA SDM Knowledge Document are receive the following error:
"INVALID, AHD10287: A folder with the same name already exists"
This document applies to SDM 12.x and 14.1.
There are two possible causes:
- There may be duplicate folders;
- The Quick Upload entry in the Attachments table has type = 2.
1. Check for any duplicate folders, most specifically the repository "Quick Upload" folder.
The attachments folder is under NX_ROOT\site\attachments. You should check for any duplicate folder name and remove them. Note that in a multi-tenancy environment it is possible to have different configurations for each one (it will depend on how you have set that). Just make sure you are not going to delete a folder which is in use.
2. Check if the Quick Upload entry in the Attachments table has type = 2.
- Run pdm_extract on the Attachments table:
- Edit the file and check if type = 2 for the "Quick Upload" folder name.
In the example above, folder_type = 0.
Before changing the value, a backup copy of folder.txt file should be done.
Next, change the value to 2 and save the changes.
- Update the table by running pdm_userload:
- Next, run a refresh on the table to make the changes available.
NX_ROOT refers to the SDM installation folder.