CA PPM upgrade fails on Checkinstall, error message:
Pre-upgrade validation failed for not-null constraints on columns RESOURCE_CLASS and TRANSCLASS in table PAC_MNT_RESOURCES. The details for this can be found in Section Known Issues in the Installation and Upgrade chapter in Change Impact and Upgrade User Guide for V13.
This failure happens because on the database some of the financially enabled resources do not have Resource Class or Transaction Class set up.
1. First identify the affected records:
select s.unique_name from srm_resources s
where s.id in (select p.ID from pac_mnt_resources p
where p.resource_class is null OR p.transclass is null)
2. Save the results into an Excel sheet
3. Based on the Excel sheet - the PPM administrator has to follow the steps:
4. Connect to CA PPM UI
5. Go to Home - Resources
6. Open each resource from the sheet - go to Properties - Financial
7. Ensure Transaction Class and Resource Class are populated
9. When everything is corrected, upgrade can be retried again