We want to encrypt passwords in the xcom.glb file using the XCOMENCR utility.
- we added the phrase #!ENCRYPT on the line before XCOMHIST_PASSWORD=xxxxxxx
- we ran xcomencr xcom.glb encr_xcom.glb
- xcomencr creates a lot of lines with 'ERROR: XCOMHIST_PASSWORD field is a global parm that cannot be overridden'
- the encr_xcom.glb files contains lines ' # the following line may contain a syntax error' for each option in the file.
XCOM r11.6 for Linux
XCOMENCR is a utility that will encrypt parameter values in a existing .CNF file. It is not designed to encrypt parameters in the xcom.glb file.
In this scenario, if the user would like to encrypt the value of parameter XCOMHIST_PASSWORD= in the xcom.glb file, you can do so via the XCOM GUI.
- start the XCOM GUI on your system
- click on the Global Parameters tab. You are required to be an administrator in order to get the tab.
- select the History section of the Global parameters and enter the password in the field. This will update the xcom.glb with an encrypted password.