Enable Email Server Plug in on Business Intelligence for reporting, so that user can send the report by email to a certain destination.
SDM: 12.1, Business Intelligence Report configuration:
Configure the jobserver for sending report by email:
- Go to CMC on Boxi
- Choose "Servers"
- Then, "<servername>.destinationjobserver" ***See Notes Below for 12.1 versions***
- Check off "Email(SMTP)" and click on "Enable" button.
- Click on "Email(SMTP)" and bring up the page.
- Fill up the information on the page:
Port: 25 (default)
Note: above are basic information should be filled.
- Click on "Update" to save the information.
- Now user can try below to send report by email.
This is also documented starting on page 240 of the CA Business Intelligence for CA Service Desk Manager Greenbook (https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/common/greenbooks/CA_Business_Intelligence_for_CAServDeskMgr_ENU.pdf )
Sending report by email:
When a user generated a report and wants to send it out by email, he/she may go to the report and click on "schedule", "Destination", pull-down menu "Email recipients", un-check the "Use the Job Server's defaults". Fill in the information on the page: "From", "To", "Subject", and "Message", etc.
Then, click on "Schedule" button to send the report out by email.
***Note: On 12.1, you will need to configure "<servername>.reportjobserver" instead of "<servername>.destinationjobserver"