How to Set or Change eHealth Environment Variables - Windows
eHealth environmental variables on the Windows platform are stored within the Windows registry. Changes to environment variables can be made in two ways:
To permanently change a variables setting:
1. Select the 'System' icon from the Windows control panel
2. Select the 'Advanced System Settings'
3. Select the 'Environment Variables' option
4. To modify an existing variable:
Find and change that variables current value by selecting 'Edit'
5. To create a new system variable entry:
Select 'New' and enter the applicable variable name and value
6. Select 'Apply' to save these changes
7. Since the environment settings are read only from the registry during startup, it will be necessary to reboot the system.
To temporarily change an environmental variable ( avoid a reboot ):
1. Launch a DOS command window ( Start -> Run -> 'cmd' )
2. Modify or create the variable using the 'set' command.
Ex. set NH_NEW_VARIABLE=yes
3. Stop the running eHealth server and exit the console
4. Restart the eHealth application via the DOS window from steps 1 and 2 via the 'nethealth' command
*NOTE:The temporary variable change will only be local to that DOS window and will be lost when that DOS window is closed.