To resolve the issue, a workaround can be issued by using a script within the file attached to this KB:
Within the file, there are three scripts:
NOTE: Make sure you have a full backup of your UIM database before proceeding.
MS SQL or MySQL Steps:
The script is set up as a transaction that does not actually make any changes on the first run, as noted by the "Rollback" portion of each script.
Perform the following steps:
- Run the file pertaining to your DB type on the DB directly. (either MSSQL or MYSQL)
- After it is executed, if everything goes well, the result of the script should say "It is safe to upgrade to UIM 8.51".
- If that is the case, edit the statement in the script (at the very end of the MSSQL script, or near the end of the MYSQL script) that says "rollback" to "commit" and run the entire script again. This will then make the required updates and enable you to proceed through the upgrade installer successfully.
Your DBA will need to run the appropriate database script for either MYSQL or MSSQL as noted above to resolve this issue.
You then can move forward with the installation upgrade.
In the event that you do not receive the "It is safe to upgrade to UIM 8.51" message after running the script, or if you are running an Oracle database, please open a support case for assistance.
1. Finding duplicate entries from the SSRV2ConfigValue table:
select profile, field, count(*) from SSRV2ConfigValue group by profile, field having count(*) > 1;
2. Check for the profile in the SSRV2profile table:
select * from SSRV2profile where profileid = profile_value;
3. If there are any duplicates delete then from SSRV2ConfigValue table
delete from SSRV2ConfigValue where profile = profile_value and field is null (If field is null);
4. Run the oracle_clean_mcs_db.sql file. For example:
delete from SSRV2ConfigValue where profile = profile_value and field = field_value (if field value is not null);
sqlplus CA_UIM/password @oracle_clean_mcs_db.sql
[oracle@<hostname>~]$ sqlplus CA_UIM/password @oracle_clean_mcs_db.sql
SQL*Plus: Release 220.127.116.11.0 Production on Wed Oct 24 09:57:33 2018
Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved.
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 18.104.22.168.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.