Downloading CAZIPXP.exe (if you already have cazipxp.exe you do not have to repeat)
Note: the CAZIPXP.EXE utility will allow you to unzip your apars that are in .caz format
- Click on RO79605 ALL-WINDOWS APPLYPTF VER 3.1.4 AND UNIX VER 2.9.1
- Scroll down until you see RO79605.CAZ
- Click on the cloud icon and the right hand side of the page and save it in c:\applyptf (for example)
- Open a command line window on your server (Start->Run->cmd and press enter) and type:
CAZIPXP -u RO79605.CAZ (or the name of the apar you just downloaded)
This will unzip all the files compressed in the CAZ file.
- Create the \ca_appsw directory if it does not already exist. To create the directory, run the command
- Copy files from c:\applyptf to \ca_appsw by typing
copy apply*.* c:\ca_appsw
You now have Applyptf installed.
Installing an APAR with ApplyPtf
- For example, to download and apply cumulative maintenance RO97315 R11.5 SP00 LEVEL SET #4
- Go to support.ca.com and put RO97315 in the search box.
- When the results appear, choose the answer that includes download-center, for example: https://support.ca.com/us/download-center/solution-detail.html?docid=648919&os=NT&aparno=RO97315&actionID=5
- Click on this URL
- Click on Download solution and save the fix in c:\applyptf
- Go to a command prompt on your server (Start->Run->cmd and press enter) and type "cd \applyptf"
- Select APPLY PTF to local or remote nodes.
- Select next
- In the box labeled Apply OTF (filename), type the apar name followed by CAZ: RO97315.CAZ
- Select next. You may accept the defaults for any other prompts until complete.
This updates the product on the server and the maintenance history file indicating that the apar has been applied.
We recommend that maintenance be applied locally when possible to eliminate potential conflicts with remote authorization and local history files.
NOTE : if you receive an error message such as Could not open RO97315.JCL,
- Exit the wizard
- Unzip the file manually by typing
cazipxp -u RO97315.CAZ
- Start the applyptf wizard again.