If you don't give user "Advanced Reporting - Administer" the user will not be able to see the domain names while creating Ad Hoc views
CA PPM 14.3, 14.4, 15.1
Workaround: You can overcome the same with the following workaround if you cannot give user "Advanced Reporting - Administer"
- Login as user who has Advanced Reporting - Administer or full admin rights
- Create a Role Example "Domain Read" via Advance Reporting --> Roles
- Edit the Role and add all the users you need from user available to User assigned who needs to create Ad Hoc views using Domains
- Navigate to view repository--> Domain folder
- Right click on the domain name and click on permission
- On the Permission tab you will see the newly created role "Domain Read"
- By default it will be No Access, change that to Read only
- Logout and login as user who don't have Advanced Reporting - Administer
- Create an ad hoc view and now you should be able to see the domain.