How do I know if I need to reassemble the CA XCOM JES2 Dependent Module, XCOMJ001 when upgrading z/OS?
The XCOMJ001 module is optional and is used for PSO (reports from SYSOUT datasets) and/or Indirect Transfers. If it is not installed, XCOM obtains information about SYSOUT data sets only from the JES2 Process SYSOUT interface. This module is required if you are using PSO and require more spool attributes for reports than the default.
- XCOMJ001 contains JES2 macros and if used, must be reassembled and linked at each new level of z/OS.
- The CAI.CBXGSAMP member XCOMJ001 contains JES2 macros.
- Use the sample JCL provided in CBXGJCL(ASM#TBLS) to assemble and link edit it:
- Uncomment the DD statement in the SYSLIB concatenation that refers to data set SYS1.AHASMAC and ensure that it points to the data set where the JES2 macros reside at your installation.
- Uncomment the EXEC statement that refers to XCOMJ001.
- Execute the JOB to assemble and link edit the XCOMJ001 module.
- It must be reassembled and linked on the same version of z/OS that it will run on.
NOTE: The references above are for r12 of XCOM.