Unexpectedly we are encountering this error for any and all collaboration documents that are being uploaded into CA PPM. It was working fine yesterday.
DMS-05304 : Unable to upload document because the system file scanning program cannot be found. Contact your system administrator.
Either the Scanning Executable file was removed from the server or the configuration in the CA PPM System Administration application is incorrect.
Check the following:
- Login to CA PPM System Administration (CSA)
- Select the Server Name
- Navigate to Documents and Search tab
- Check the value in the 'File Scanning Executable' field
- Check to see that the File Scanning Executable file is located in the specified location
- If the file is not present in the defined location, move the file to this location
- If the file is there and the name of the file is different than the name in CSA
- If the location of the Scanning Executable file is on another server ; check the link from the application to the other server where the file resides