Introduction?How distsrv probe works with licenses.
- Any probe requiring a license will be checked against a valid license. If the hub under which that probe exists, does not have a distsrv, the license check will crawl to other hub(s) until it finds a hub with a distsrv probe. If the local hub to which the robot with licensed probe is attached has the distsrv, then the license query will be checked and satisfied locally - irrespective of its failure or success.
- If the local distsrv does not have a valid license, then the license query will not go any further and the probe will be stopped by controller.
??????? So, in multi-hub scenarios, there are two options:
- ?One distsrv, normally on the primary hub.
- ?If distsrv resides on each hub, then you will need to add a Forwarding record on???????
?the main hub for Licenses so that licenses will be synced to all hubs and all?license?queries will be satisfied locally on each remote hub.
- Robot licenses are different - they are applied manually and on the hub.??