Disk utilization and storage increases after 10.3 upgrade
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
Spectrum Alarm & Event Management:SPCAEM
Spectrum Core / SpectroSERVER:SPCCSS
JASPERSOFT FOR CA SPECTRUM:SPCJSP
After upgrading to 10.3 it is noticed that disk space is being taken up quickly and utilization is higher.
This is due to the ibtmp1 file size increasing in size quickly.
With 10.3.1 this will be included out of the box, however on 10.3 the follow steps are required to restrict the size of the ibtmp1 file.
1. Shutdown the MySQL Service.
2. Navigate into $SPECROOT/mysql/ directory.
3. Open my-spectrum.cnf file in a text editor.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the file and add this line:
5. Save the file.
6. Restart MySQL Service (See above KB link)
This will now effectively reduce the overall size and impact of the ibtmp1 file to 10GB.
Was this information helpful?