DevTest - logs created in tmp_storage directory
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Service Virtualization
CA Application Test:ITKOTF
db-xxx.log files are filling up the /amq/rpc/2013/lisa8/tmp_storage directory.
They cannot be deleted until the VSE is shutdown.
These files can be very large and fill the disk up quickly.
All supported DevTest environments.
The DevTest_Home/vseDeploy/VSE_2013 folder is corrupt and must be rebuilt.
1. Shutdown the VSE in question.
2. cd DevTest_Home/vseDeploy
3. rename VSE_2013 to VSE_2013_backup
4. Restart the VSE. A new VSE_2013 folder will be created.
5. Copy only the .mar files from vseDeploy/VSE_2013_old to /vseDeploy/VSE_2013.
If there are a large number of .mar files, copy them a few at a time. Pausing to see if the db-xxx.log files reappear. If they do, one of the recently copied files has a problem.
Do not copy any .mar file that is 0kb in size.
Do not copy .mar.tracking files
Do not copy any directories.
6. Redeploy the Virtual Service for any .mar file that was not copied in step 5.
7. Verify all Virtual Services are deployed.
8. Verify the original issue is corrected.
9. If desired the vseDeploy/VSE_2013_old directory can be removed.
Was this information helpful?