DevTest - Using an existing recorder to add transactions to a vsi file
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Service Virtualization
CA Application Test:ITKOTF
An existing recorder can be used to capture additional transactions.
However, doing so will create a new Virtual Service. It does not add the transactions to the original recording.
All supported DevTest environments.
Using an existing recorder to add transactions to a vsi file:
1. Start an existing recorder (either in Monitor -> VSE tab or Create -> Virtual Service tab)
2. Record transactions
3. Stop the recorder (either in Monitor -> VSE tab or Create -> Virtual Service tab)
4. Go to Create -> Virtual Service tab, if not already there.
5. Step through the screens making changes to protocols, etc... as needed.
6. On the last screen, change the name of the recorder, it will save a new VS with the new name.
7. Open Workstation and combine the original and new vsi files.
8. At this point, you have one vsi with all the transactions. Deploy the new VS.
Was this information helpful?