The following list explains how Pending Estimates work in Microsoft® Project (MSP) and CA PPM.
- Pending Estimates are exported to assignments in MSP in the 'Number1' field. To see this, the Number1 field needs to be added to the Task Usage view.
- Pending Estimates are exported as 0 when a team member estimate has not been provided (e.g., on Timesheets)
- Pending Estimates cannot be changed by the project manager on a tracked assignment except in the case below; note that this statement is true regardless of whether MSP, Open Workbench (OWB) or any other (XOG for example) approach is used.
- Pending Estimates are only imported from MSP when set to -1; this feature can be used to eliminate a team member estimate, such as to approve it (i.e., the manager has modified the estimate in the plan to match) or reject it (the plan was not modified).
- Once a project manager changes the pending estimate to -1 in MSP and saves the plan, the team member will again see the project manager's estimate, and not their own (their own will have been deleted).
- Open Workbench (OWB) works the same, except that there is a menu choice to clear the pending estimate (with an option to simultaneously copy it over to the real estimate and thereby "approve" it).
- On an assignment, if Pending Esitmates are not tracked, any value is saved; note that -1 is saved back as null
Reference TEC1706695 : How do you Accept/Reject Proposed ETC in PPM?