Instructions for deploying the Sample SDK Endpoint and integration with the Java Connector Server
(latest CRs assumed)
- CA IM Provisioning Server SDK
- Java Connector Server (JCS)
- Java Connector Server (JCS) SDK
- Connector Express
8.1 SP2 Pre-requisites:
(latest CRs assumed)
- CA Admin 8.1 SP2 SDK
- Java Connector Server (JCS) 8.1 SP2
- Java Connector Server (JCS) SDK 8.1 SP2
- Connector Express 8.1 SP2
Other Pre-requisite software:
- Install Sun J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 11 (1.5.0_11). This is required by the latest JCS CR. Set the variable JAVA_HOME to the J2SDK installed location.
- Install Apache Ant 1.6.5 and add it to the System Environment variable path
- Compile and then deploy the C++ Sample SDK connector as per the SDK Developer's Guide, Chapter 3 for 8.1 SP2. A compiled SDKPop.exe has been provided in later CR's for convenience.
For R12, the parser tables and schema files are in the SDK's data directory. E.g. C:\Program Files\CA\Identity Manager\Provisioning SDK\admin\data
These need to be copied to the Provisioning Server's Data directory and Provisioning Directory's schema folder as per the instructions in the SDK guide. The GUI plug-in, CASDKGUI.dll and namespace plug-in, SDKNamespace.dll are in the bin directory" E.g.. C:\Program Files\CA\Identity Manager\Provisioning SDK\admin\bin
This needs to be copied over to the Provisioning Server's bin directory.
For the R12 Provisioning SDK, the SDKPOP.exe file has been removed. Simply copy ldifpop.exe from the SDK's bin directory to the Provisioning Bin directory, for example: C:\Program Files\CA\Identity Manager\Provisioning Server\bin
There is a sample sdkpop.ldif in the populate folder. E.g.. C:\Program Files\CA\Identity Manager\Provisioning SDK\admin\samples\SDK\Populate folder. Copy this over the Provisioning Server bin directory above. To create the namespace, run the ldifpop.exe on the provisioning Server with the sdkpop.ldif as an argument. The usage is: ldifpop domain user password ldif
Note: At this point ensure that you are be able to acquire and explore Admin's SDK Directory through Admin Manager as a C++ connector.
- Compile the JCS SDK using the command "ant dist"
- Copy the file <JCS_SDK>\build\dist\lib\jcs-connector-sdk.jar to directory C:\Program Files\CA\Identity Manager\Connector Server\lib
- Restart the JCS service.
- Run/launch Identity Manager (Java) Connector Xpress and add/register with a Provisioning Server.
- To specify the Java Connector Server to manage SDK Namespace, navigate to <HOSTNAME>\<DOMAIN>\Namespaces\SDK Namespace. Right click on the "SDK Namespace" and select "Set Managing CS...". Then select "JCS_<HOSTNAME>_xxxx" item (the Use the default CS for Provisioning Server option should be unchecked) and click ok.
Now the Java Connector Server will service the SDK Namespace.
Some notes on the above procedure
The JCS SDK Connector is a static connector. For a JCS static connector, the developer must create/develop the corresponding C++ GUI Plug-in components.
The requirement of step 1 in the instruction above is to provide the following:
- To create/develop a C++ GUI Plug-in for the namespace
- To create/develop a Parser Table for the namespace
- To create/develop a xxxPOP.EXE for the namespace
- To Generate schema files, eTrust_xxx.schema and eTrust_xxx.dxc for the namespace.
Thus, a developer must create/provide a C++ GUI Plug-in when developing a JCS custom connector based on the Java SDK connector.
For Java Dynamic Connectors, it is not a requirement to create the corresponding C++ GUI Plug-in. It will use the existing DYN Namespace GUI Plug-in.
The Connector Xpress is used to create dynamic namespaces based on the JNDI or JDBC data sources. For these two types of data sources, the jcs-connector-jndi.jar and jcs-connector-jdbc.jar are already provided as part of JCS installation. Note that for JCS 8.1 SP2 it is not possible to create custom (you own) DYN Namespaces. For further details please see the JCS Implementation Guide, JCS Programming Guide and Connector Xpress help.
Please see the Connector Xpress online help for creating a new Namespace (Dynamic Connectors) and Deploying Metadata in section "Connector Xpress Process Flow".