If this error occurs after verifying that the involved agents are correctly assigned to their respective server types, then the error means that dependency was broken when an agent moved from one server type to another.
Understanding this cause requires some illustration. Consider the following example: a process employs more than one server type. For this example we will refer to these as "ST1" and "ST2" (Server Type 1 & 2). The process includes an action or flow associated with ST1 progresses into another action or flow associated with ST2. Each server type has multiple agents assigned to it.
For this example, we will assume the following:
- ST1 consists of agents AGN1, AGN2, and AGN3.
- ST2 consists of agents AGN4 and AGN5.
- FLOW1 within PROCESS1 is associated with ST1.
- FLOW2 within PROCESS1 is associated with ST2.
The above scenario will allow for a successful deployment. Next, however, consider if one of the following changes is made:
- A new agent is assigned to ST2.
- An agent belonging to ST1 is reassigned to ST2.
In the above scenario, after the change, the deployment will fail with the error in question because no dependency was defined for the agent after it was added or moved.