If you are recording events for a CA scheduling product, i.e., JobTrac, Scheduler, CA7's Critical Path Monitoring, you must now define a Datacom/AD database for ENF's use. The CA-Universe database previously used has been replaced by Datacom/AD. See the previous Knowledge Document TEC575044, for more detailed information on how to determine whether your CAIENF is recording events. This Knowledge Document describes how to define a Datacom/AD 14.0 Multi-User Facility (MUF) which includes an ENF database and index for use with CAIENF 14.1.
This document can also be used if running ENF v14.0 after applying ENF PTF RO44982 which provides support for Datacom/AD v14.0.
This knowledge document addresses the general requirements for Datacom/AD v14.0 use with CAIENF v14.1.
- Install a Datacom/AD Multi-User Facility (MUF) for Use with ENF
- If you are already running a CA product that requires CA Datacom/AD, verify that you are running Version 14.0. To verify whether you are currently running Version 14.0, review your Datacom/AD started task and do a find on message DB00215I, see example below:
DB00215I - CA Datacom/DB r14 at service pack: SP0
If you find that you are running a supported level of Datacom/AD according to the CA Common Services documentation, then you can use the same SMP/E resources that already exist. If you want or need to create a separate SMP/E environment, refer to the CA Datacom/AD Installation Guide.
- CAIENF requires a separate CA Datacom/AD MUF instance in each LPAR where you are recording events. This MUF must be a separate MUF than the one running to support other products such as CA Jobtrac and CA Scheduler.
- In preparation for these steps, review the CA Datacom/AD r14.0 README PTF RI40868, and apply the PTFs listed there after installing or migrating to v14.0
- Run the following CA Datacom/AD jobs to define the Multi-User Facility (MUF) for use with ENF.
- AXCUS00 - Copies the installation JCL from your existing CA Datacom/AD r14.0 SMP/E CAAXSAMP members to the INSTJCL members where they can be edited and submitted.
- AXCUS01 - Performs CA Datacom product custom assemblies and links. This job creates a new CUSLIB, CUSMAC, CUSPROC for use by ENF. Do NOT use the same libraries and PROCs as you have with other environments running CA Datacom/AD.
You will have to review the macro below and provide site-specific information, see the flower-box in AXCUS01 for more details.
TITLE 'DATACOM/DB - SYSTEM ID FOR INDIVIDUAL LOGICAL MUF'DBSYSID X SIMPLIFY_MODE=YES, X CXXNAME=CXX^NAME, NAME OF THE CXX X DSN_XXX=CAI.NEWHLQ.CXX^NAME.???, X FORCE_DSN_CXXNAME=NO, YES OR NO X CONSOLE_MINUTES=2, TIME BETWEEN AUTOMATIC STATUS CMDS X DELAY68=2, X DELAY85=1, X DELAY_DBUTLTY_SECURITY=NO, EXTERNAL SECURE YES/NO X TARGET_MUF_LIST=(CXX^NAME), X TOGROUP=ADXGRP01, X CONNECT_ALLOW_PRIORITY=(LOCAL) END
NOTE : The CONNECT_ALLOW_PRIORITY =(LOCAL), specifies only local access, so the TOGROUP=ADXGRP01 is ignored.
- AXAFPADD - APF authorizes the required datasets
- AXRIM01 - Installs the PC CALLS required for the product. This job must be run for every instance of the Datacom MUF in each LPAR.
NOTE: With Datacom/AD v14.0 defining an SVC (Supervisor Call) is no longer being used. In addition, if you are already running this release of Datacom on the LPAR, then you may not need to run the previous two steps (AXAPFADD and AXRIM01).
- AXNEW01 - Allocates and populates all the datasets needed by the CA Datacom/AD MUF
- AD14STRT - Is the sample JCL you use to start the MUF
- AXIVP01 - Is a sample install verification job
2. Customize CA Datacom/AD for CAIENF
- Run AD14STRT to bring up the CA Datacom/AD MUF (If not still running).
- Modify and run job AW1ID001 provided by ENF in CAW0JCL.
Phase 1 - Creates the Datacom/AD Datadictionary definitions for the ENF database, which is defined with DBID 700.
Phase 2 - Catalogs these definitions to the Datacom/AD CXX (Directory).
Phase 3 - Defines the ENF Datacom/AD datasets, initializes them and loads them.
Phase 4 - Imports the ENF PLAN definitions for use with the CA Datacom SQL component.
- Run AD14STOP to shutdown the customized MUF
3. Update the CAIENF ENFPARM member to define an internal MUF or IMUF. Running the ENFPARM member as is defaults to using an external MUF (i.e., XMUF).
4. Update the appropriate startup procedure depending on whether you will be running either an internal MUF or and external MUF:
- ENFIMUF - Use JCL in this member to run ENF as an internal MUF inside the ENF address space.
- ENFXMUF - Use JCL in this member to run ENF as an external MUF which runs in its own address space external to ENF
5. Start or Restart ENF
- If you have defined an IMUF, starting the ENF will bring up CA Datacom/AD at startup.
- If you have defined an external MUF, you must first start Datacom/AD before starting ENF. Use AD14STRT as a model.
NOTE : An IPL is required to start a new release of ENF if the previous release was already active since the last IPL.
For more installation details, refer to the CA Datacom/AD Installation Guide and to the CA Common Services Installation Guide. See the following links: