Can the default email notification that is distributed for job statuses be modified? If so, how can I modify this to suit my organizations needs?
CA Workload Automation r11.3.x and r12
Yes, this was introduced in the 11.3.x release of CA Workload Automation DE.
The process to modify the email template is as follows:
- Logon to the Desktop Client with an account that has Administrator privileges.
- Navigate to the Admin perspective.
- Double-click on Topology to display the environment.
- Double-click on the EMAILSERVER definition. This will open the SMTP Server Definition properties on the right-hand side for editing.
- You may edit the Email body template as well as the Email subject template to satisfy your organizations needs.
- Once your edits have been made, Save them by clicking on the little disk icon in the upper right corner of the SMTP Server Definition panel.
Note: These changes DO NOT require a recycle of the DE services to become effective.