How to change the password for vertica DB user in dbconnection.cfg file on the Data Aggregator Server as it is now encrypted ?
CA Performance Management 3.5
Following are the steps to change the vertica DB user password in /opt/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/etc/dbconnection.cfg
These steps need to be implemented on the Data Aggregator Server.
1) Change directory to /opt/IMDataAggregator/scripts/common.tools.encryption
2) ./doEncryption.sh dradmin|dauser NEWPASSWORD
3) Replace password in dbconnection.cfg with new password provided by script.
4) Login into the Data Repository server
5) /opt/verica/bin/vsql -U dauser -w <old password>
6) ALTER USER dauser IDENTIFIED BY 'newpassword';
7) ALTER USER dradmin IDENTIFIED BY 'newpassword'