"ORA-12704: character set mismatch. No changes made to database." error message displayed when trying to use "write test data to repository" option within Datamaker.
Steps to reproduce:-
1. Make sure the table(s) are registered at the version level of your Datapool.
2. The context is set to at the Data pool level into which the data needs to be moved into.
3. All the levels under the version level (Data set, Data Group and Data Pool) need to have the setting "Make Test Data available for external use" enabled. This can be found under the properties page of each level.
1. Log into GTDatamaker.
2. Click the source/target SQL window button.
3. Write your query to retrieve data from your registered table and execute it to display the result.
SQL Example Query:
select * from dbo.EMPLOYEE;
4. Select "Change context" from the top right hand side and click on the play button.
5. Select the Data Pool into which the data needs to be written. The context is now set to the right position.
6. Now select "Write to Test Data Repository" from the top right hand side and click on the play button.
7. Click on the yes button of the next page to confirm the action.
We now see the "ORA-12704: character set mismatch.
No changes made to database
INSERT INTO MV_908252_10761_8372 ( "EMPLOYEE_ID", "FIRST_NAME", "LAST_NAME", "EMAIL", "PHONE_NUMBER", "BIRTH_DATE", "EMP_SSN", "EMP_PASSWORD", "HIRE_DATE", "SALARY", "EXPENSES", "SAVINGS", "EMP_RECORD_ID") VALUES ( 567327, N'Carol seth', N'LName_1003', Nemail@example.com', N'700-500-1003', N'1971-05-01 00:00:00', N'700-01-1003', N'test_password', N'1990-06-30 00:00:00', 9051, 1810.2, 7240.8, 2003)
Do you wish to ignore this row and continue? "