CA Support reproduced a problem with the combination of Service Desk Manager (SDM) r12.6 CA SDM CA SDM Japanese version and BOXI Japanese version that are installed on different servers. Please note that this issue is not reproducible with the English version of SDM r12.6 CA SDM CA SDM and BOXI.
When you try to create a report in BOXI InfoView, the following error appears:
Figure 1. Database logon screen in BOXI InfoView
- Check the 'CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' folder where the DataDirect OpenAccess ODBC driver has been installed.
Figure 2. Incorrect contents of the '\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' folder
The 'schema' file should not be a file but rather a folder that contains certain configuration files.
- Move the schema file from the 'CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' folder to another location as backup. From the SDM r12.6 CA SDM CA SDM DVD #2 install media, copy the '\ca_tps.nt\CABO\oa_odbc_6_client' folder to the '\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' directory.
Figure 3. Contents of the '\ca_tps.nt\CABO\oa_odbc_6_client' folder on the SDM r12.6 CA SDM CA SDM DVD #2 install media
- Run the Business Intelligence Configuration program from the SDM r12.6 CA SDM CA SDM DVD #2 install media.
- After successful completion of the Business Intelligence Configuration program, the '\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' folder will be correct as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. Content of the '\CA\SC\CASD_ODBC' folder after the Business Intelligence Configuration program completes successfully.
- Attempt to create a new BOXI report via BOXI Infoview - the database logon screen should no longer appear.
If your SDM version is r12.1, please refer to the following technical document: