In some cases the Trending records may get out of sync, and records on PPM not match DWH records. This causes problems with any subsequent jobs to run. Error can be such as:
> invalid identifier
> view or table does not exist
> Cannot find the object "X" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Trending tables out of sync
To resolve the issue, please do the following:
0. Download the Stored Procedure attached for PPM version below 15.4.1 (it's already included with PPM 15.4.1 and above).
1. Backup your trending tables if you need to.
2. Create the Stored Procedure by running the scripts for versions below 15.4.1 on the Data Warehouse database
3. Now run the Stored Procedure by connecting to the Data Warehouse database and executing:
Note you have to replace the DBLINK and database name/schema with the appropriate values.
EXEC DWH_TRD_CLEANUP_TRENDS_SP @P_DBLINK='PPMDBLINK.niku.niku'
This should fix the synchronization issue.
More information on what this job does:
Enhanced Trending Data Synchronization
1. Drops all trending tables that were dynamically created.
2. Resets the PPM and data warehouse trending metadata tables (sets the processing flag to 0 as though trending has never been processed).
3. Truncates the core trending tables and removes only their data.
As a reminder, make a backup of any trending data that you want to preserve and restore later.