The DWH database is only including the first 1000 characters from large string attributes, regardless of their real length.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Go to Administration > Objects > Project > Attributes > New
- Create a new Large String attribute and make sure that it is marked as "Include in the Data Warehouse"
- Add the attribute into Project Views so it can be filled.
- Create a new project, add a large string to this attribute of more than 1000 characters long (e.g.: 3000 chars).
- Execute the job "Load Data Warehouse".
- Compare attribute content from PPM DB (ODF_CA_PROJECT) and DWH DB (DWH_INV_PROJECT).
Expected result: PPM DB and DWH contain 3000 chars for that attribute
Actual result: The attribute has 3000 chars in PPM DB and only the first 1000 chars in DWH
This has been reported for CA PPM 14.3 and 14.4.
The issue has been logged as CLRT-80004.
After review by Sustaining Engineering, it has been determined that this is not a defect but part of the original design, to accommodate multi-byte characters which usually take 3 bytes (some can take up to 4 bytes).