This document explains the steps to investigate a transaction that is reported by customer but cannot be found within CA Transaction Manager reports.
Customer reported a transaction but I cannot find the transaction inside CA Transaction Manger reports. Where is the transaction?
CA Transaction Manager all versions
Steps to Investigate a Missing Transaction
If customer reports a transaction that an admin is not able to find within transaction reports retrieved from CA Transaction Manager Admin Console then please login to admin console and check the latest transaction performed on the card using 'Cardholder Account Inquiry' screen.
If the concern transaction is not visible in 'Cardholder Account Inquiry' screen then there could be either of the following few possible reasons for this behaviour:
1- The transaction was not a 3D Secure transaction -
- To confirm this please check if the merchant generated a Verify Enrollment Request, commonly known as VEReq, and forwarded the same to Directory Server (Master Card/Visa/American express etc). If yes,
- Please check if the Directory Server forwarded the same request to CA ACS, if yes
- Please get the exact timestamp from Directory Server logs and the error message, if any, as received from CA ACS.
- this will help CA to look for that exact transaction inside CA server logs
2- There could be a problem with the range the reported card belongs to-
- Most configurations at CA Transaction Manager are done at card range level to ensure that the range is working fine,
- Please check if there are successful transactions from other cards that belong to the same range.
- If you cannot find any transaction from the same range/bin inside reports and but the transactions are expected to be getting processed, then
- please check the ACS URL configured at the Directory Server for this range
Please open a case for CA Support if any of the above checks are not conclusive.