1. Login to NFA as an Administrator or Power User.
2. Go to Administration->Protocol Names.
3. Make sure to choose the Domain you wish the name to be visible in on the top of the screen, then click "Select A Protocol".
4. Change the search Drop Down windows to search by "Port Number". Most of your Custom Application Mappings will have a port number over 65000 so scroll to the bottom to find your custom application mapping destination port number and click submit.
5. Click "Edit Protocol" and Edit the name to be the desired name and click "Submit".
6. Open a report which you know has that Application Mapping data in it, and verify that it is now showing the correct name in the graphs. There is no need to recycle services.
7. Repeat as necessary for other domains and/or Application Mappings.