The creation of custom calendars in SRM / InfoView enables you to not only create template calendars with scheduled run dates that can be used for multiple reports, avoiding having to manually select run dates every time using the default calendar but also avoids having to scroll through to the current calendar year / date every time you are scheduling reports using this default calendar.
To create a custom calendar:
- To create a new calendar and open calendars in the Central Management Console (CMC)
- Click Manage > New > New Calendar.
- Type a name and description for the new calendar and click OK.
- Right click the New Calendar.
- Go to Select Dates. This takes you to the current month.
- Select the dates on which you want the report to run by highlighting them.
- Save and close.
The custom calendar starting immediately at the current date and with the dates you wanted them to run is now set (and can be used for various reports).
To add to the report:
- Schedule a new report
- Select Recurrence.
- Choose run object Calendar.
- Finally under "Object will run based on the selected calendar" select the created calendar from the "Calendar" drops down box.