you want to be emailed when an Windows Applications Manager process goes down, you can set up an %AW_HOME%\exec\watchworx.notify script with a command that will email you. Make sure that you test your email command (blat, in this case) at the command line before putting it in a script.
Here's one way to set this up:
- Download blat (www.blat.net) to your Windows machine.
- Copy blat.exe and any other necessary blat files to %AW_HOME%\c folder of the Windows agent.
- Create an %AW_HOME%\exec\watchworx.notify.bat script with your email command in it. Here's an example:
echo WatchWorx message for %1 %2 process:%3 >%AW_HOME%\log\mail.txt
%AW_HOME%\c\blat %AW_HOME%\log\mail.txt -s WatchWorx -to email@example.com -server smtp.appworx.com -f firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Task Manager, manually kill the awagent process.
- Wait longer than 420 seconds (7 minutes)* and then check your email for the message about the process restart. You should see something like this:
WatchWorx message for CCPROD awagent process:"Last updated 445 seconds ago (limit=420) and will be restarted immediately."
* When a process no longer exists, WatchWorx compares the latest status update time period to the sleep_time * mult_factor.