I created a new IDMS CV from an existing CV. I am having an issue with the program function keys in IDD.
(PF keys). PF7 and PF8 key definitions are missing for display prior and next page. They are currently assigned to PF2 and PF1 respectively for the new CV. PF keys in the database used to clone the new CV is are correct.
How do I modify the PF keys in the CV?
- . At the Enter Next Task Code, issue a DCUF SET DICTNAME SYSTEM.
- . Next, issue command SYSGEN.
- . In the SYSGEN, get current on the new SYSTEM (command DIS SYSTEM 99 WITH NONE) and issue a DISPLAY ALL KEYS and see if KEYS FOR TABLE keys-table-name is missing from the new IDMS CV number.
- The correct DISPLAY ALL KEYS should look like so:
SYSGEN 18.5 NO ERRORS DICT=SYSTEM 1/149 SYST1850
DIS SYSTEM 99 WITH NONE.
*+ ADD SYSTEM 99
*+ SYSTEM ID IS SYST0099
DIS ALL KEYS.
*+ ADD KEYS FOR TABLE SYSTEM
*+ PA1 = FUNCTION 1
*+ PA2 = FUNCTION 2
*+ ENTER = FUNCTION 3
*+ CLEAR = FUNCTION 4
*+ FOR APPLICATION LINEMODE
*+ FOR APPLICATION REPLAY
*+ FOR APPLICATION OLM
*+ PF1 = FUNCTION 1
*+ PF2 = FUNCTION 2
*+ PF3 = FUNCTION 3
*+ PF4 = FUNCTION 4
*+ PF5 = FUNCTION 5
*+ PF6 = FUNCTION 6
*+ PF7 = FUNCTION 7
*+ PF8 = FUNCTION 8
*+ PF9 = FUNCTION 9”
- In the SYSGEN, issue “DISPLAY SYSTEM 99 WITH NONE. Next line. DIS KEYS FOR TABLE SYSTEM AS SYN.
- . Change “DISPLAY SYSTEM 99 “ to “ MOD SYSTEM new SYSTEM number.”, next line, erase the DIS KEYS FOR TABLE SYSTEM AS SYN line and change ADD to MOD.; add “GENERATE.” :
MOD SYS nnnn WITH NONE.
ADD KEYS FOR TABLE SYSTEM.
CA IDMS Installation and Maintenance Guide, Chapter 5: Starting Your Product, Environment Created by Installation.
CA IDMS System Tasks and Operator Commands Guide, Chapter 5 System Definition,
Chapter 7 System Generation Statement, KEYS Statement Syntax.