This article describes how to create a directory structure under an existing Harvest Repository using the Check in Process.
Following is a directory structure shown in Window explorer. We want to create the same directory structure under a Harvest repository.
- Create a dummy file (abc.txt) and save it in the last folder ("java").
- Set Default project Context to context desired.
- The View Path is set to "\test" in this example because harvest will be creating the directory structure under this repository.
- The Client Path is set to "D:\Client files". Harvest will check in the file and create the same directory structure in the repository.
- Run a check in Process as shown below and select "Use Context Client Path" and "Use Context View Path" check box.
- Click on file chooser icon in Check in window.
- Select "Include subfolders" option in Find File window. Click Find. Harvest will return abc.txt in File list. Click ok. Now the check in window should like this:-
- Make sure that "Preserve and Create Path Structure" option is selected.
- Click OK.
- This will create same directory structure under Harvest Repository. The dummy file can be deleted once the directory structure is created.