Note that it is required to have SDM stopped as per the pdm_configure step.
1. Login to the SDM Primary server.
2. Click the Administration tab and expand System -> Configurations
3. If running SDM with Primary server only, create a new configuration in SDM:
4. If running SDM with Primary and Secondary servers, edit the existent one.
In the example below, web_dom is the existent configuration on a Primary/Secondary installation:
5. Create a new domsrvr process.
In the example, it is named "domsrvr_for_animator".
Click Save after setting the name.
Important: take note of the Communication Server Name. It will be used later to complete the proceeding.
In this case, it is named: domsrvr:02
5. Run pdm_configure.
Leave "Load default data" unchecked:
For Config options, select the appropriate configuration and leave "Start SDM services" unchecked:
- For the Primary and Secondary server installation, you should select the existent Configuration in our example:
- For the Primary server only installation, you should select the new Configuration created:
6. Next, point the Animator to the newly added dedicated domsrvr:
Locate the following two files under C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk\pdmconf
In both of these files, search for #define ANIMATOR_NXD(_TAG) and edit the command to:
Here domsrvr:02 is the name of the domsrvr created in step 4.
7. Start the SDM services:
- For Primary/Secondary installation, start the Secondary(ies) server(s) first and next the Primary server.
- For Primary server installation only, start the Primary server.
8. Now, to validate the domsrvr process created is running, run the following in a prompt: