As the Animator process runs on the Background server only, it is indicated that there is a process defined for both the Background and Standby servers.
The steps below show how to do it:
1. Login to the SDM Primary server.
2. Click the Administration tab and expand System -> Configurations:
3. Create a new Configuration for the Background Server:
4. Create a new domsrvr process for the Background server:
5. Now, create a new Configuration for the Stand By server.
6. And create a new domsrvr process for the Stand by server.
7. Now, we need to run fail-over on the environment, as it will be necessary to reconfigure the servers.
For this, login on the Stand by server and run:
8. Now, login to the Background server and run pdm_configure.
In the last form, choose the Animator_back configuration and uncheck "Start services when completed":
9. Next, point the Animator to the newly added dedicated domsrvr:
Locate the following two files under C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Service Desk\pdmconf
In both of these files, search for #define ANIMATOR_NXD(_TAG) and edit the command to:
Here domsrvr:02 is the name of the domsrvr created in step 4.
10. Now, validate the changes done:
Start the SDM services on the Background server:
net start pdm_daemon_manager
Make it the Background server again:
And verify the domsrvr process created:
slstat | findstr "dom"
11. Next, it is necessary to complete the configuration on the Stand by server.
Logon to the Background server and run pdm_configure (as done in step 8) and choose the appropriate Configuration:
12. Repeat step 9 for the Stand by server as well.
13. To validate all settings are correct for the Stand by server as well, repeat the instructions from step 10.
After you have verified all is correctly configured, you should run fail over again on the original Background server.