Creating a Report in Jaspersoft from an existing Ad Hoc View might fail with the following error message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: exception getting dataset from cache
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create an Ad Hoc View.
- Add "Investment Name" and "Total Planned Cost" as columns.
- Add "Investment Type" as Groups.
- Add "Total Planned Cost" as Filters.
- Save the Ad Hoc View.
- Create a Report selecting the new created Ad Hoc View: "Create" => "Report".
- On the Ad Hoc View Report window, Click on the "Options" button.
- On Input Controls view, configure the following value for Total Planned Cost: 12340 and click on "Apply".
Expected Result: The report to be generated filtering the results by the entered Total Planned Cost.
Actual Result: The report is not generated and an exception occurs (java.lang.RuntimeException: exception getting dataset from cache).
Applies to CA PPM 14.3 with Jaspersoft version 6.1.1.
Caused by CLRT-79604.
A Jaspersoft bug is found when entering a value in the filter with more than 5 digits (without decimals) ending with zero. Ex. 10000.
None at this time.
The problem affects the version 6.1.1 being shipped with CA PPM 14.3.
TIBCO Jaspersoft confirmed the problem is fixed in version 6.2.0, which is planned to be shipped with future versions of CA PPM.