The 'Create BO Users' job is used to create a set of corresponding user accounts inside the Business Objects Central Management Server (CMS) to sit alongside an existing set of CA PPM users stored in the CA PPM database. If a CA PPM resource has the flag "External" set in the Resource Management screens in the application, then the 'Create BO Users' job skips over that user - this causes problems for users who have a legitimate requirement to use BO but might be marked as "External" e.g. Contractors.
This is NOT in reference to the 'External Authentication' check box.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login as a application Administrator user
- Administration, Resources : Select a resource to edit on the Properties page
- Check the box for 'External' , click 'Save and Continue' button
- Home, Reports and Jobs, Jobs: Available tab
- Select and execute the 'Create BO Users' job immediately
- Check User Accounts in the BO CMC
Expected Result: User account for ALL users, including those marked as 'External', are created
Actual Result: User account is not created for users marked 'External'
Manually create the user account using the Business Objects Central Management Console (CMC) with the correct folder permissions.
Resolved in CA Clarity PPM 12.1.3
Resolved in CA Clarity PPM 13.0.1, 13.1