There is a known bug in JXplorer, that does not handle non SHA1 entries correctly and adds whitespace in the middle of the userPassword hash value:
A workaround is :
1. Open Jxplorer, open a connection to the DSA
2. Select the 'User' -> go to "userPassword" attribute.
3. Change the hashing algorithm to use "SHA-512" or higher encryption algorithm
4. Go to "Advanced Editor" and remove whitespaces (in the middle of) in the "ldap value", click OK.
6. Reconnect to JXplorer using the user credentials. (or) perform a dxsearch or an ldapsearch using this user and password.
Or an alternatively another LDAP client such as Apache DS could be used.