Create a custom field at the project level
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Agile Central
CA Agile Central On-Premises
AGILE CENTRAL SAAS:ACSAAS
AGILE CENTRAL ON PREMISES:ACPREM
This article covers the steps taken to create a new, custom field that will be visible in just a project, not the whole workspace.
How to create a custom field at the project level?
Administrator level permissions are required to create custom fields.
1. Go to Workspaces & Projects subtab in Setup tab. Select the workspace.? The screenshot below shows that NMDS workspace was selected, and its hierarchy tree expanded to show all the projects under it:
2. Project "ABC" is selected. Go to Fields link on the left:
3. Create a new custom field:
4. After the Field is saved it appears on the list of visible fields in this project as shown below. Click on Workspace link to see if it appears on the workspace level.
5. "Budget" field is not visible on the Workspace level:
6. A story in project "ABC" has "Budget" field:
If you want to use the custom field for mapping of custom states to ex. schedule state on a Kanban app, the field type
must be a 'Drop Down'.
Multivalue fields will not work for Kanban board mapping.
Please Update This Required Field
Was this information helpful?