Cost and Benefit detailed financial plans are not copied over from the template when a project is created from a template with cost and benefit plans.
Note: This could also happen when performing a XOG write action of a project into the application using a Project Template.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Note - Monthly Fiscal Periods are defined and activated from January 2014 through December 2016 (36 months)
- Create a new project with start date in January 2014 and finish date in December 2016 (Project Name = PRJ-Template001)
- Attach the project to an entity by selecting a Department OBS Unit and save
- Navigate to Financial Plans tab, create a cost plan and a benefit plan start date and finish date same as the project
- Tick the 'Template' attribute checkbox in this project
- Create a new project with 'New from Template' button
- Select the template project created in step1 (PRJ-Template001) and click 'Next' button
- Select Project Start date January 2015 and Finish date December 2015 and click 'Save'
- Navigate to Financial Plans tab within the new project
Expected Results: A Cost Plan and Benefit Plan should have been created.
Actual Results: The cost plan and benefit plan are not created from the template.
Create 'future' Entity Fiscal time periods for any dates that are used in cost or benefit plans in Project Templates.
Clarity has a business rule that will keep the same length of time for creating the new financial plans. Therefore, using the example above, the new project will get created with a date range of 36 months based on the template.
Entity Fiscal time periods need to be available into the future to cover the expected length of time from the originating project in order for new Financial Plans to be created. For example, if fiscal time periods are not created for 2017, financial plans with dates in 2017 will not copy to a new project. So, make sure you have enough fiscal Time Periods available for future dates that you are using.