How to copy all the schedules, user views, etc. from one Windows Client server to another
We have the instance of CA SAMS vantage client running on a server, where we have over 300 schedules, several summary objects and other configuration set up over there. That server is going to decommissioned soon and a new server will be built. So we would need to migrate the existing SAMS setup, config and everything set on the server to the new server. Can you advise how to move the set up from one server to another without any loss of data/ schedules .
Please use the following procedure to migrate the existing Windows Client to the new server.
Basically, you need to copy the "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" folder from the old server to the new server, while taking care that this must be on same path on both machines and the new Windows Client should have the same release. 1) Install Patch 3 to upgrade the Windows Client on the old server to the current release 12.7.871.3 as currently 12.7.871.2 is installed there
2) Start the Windows Client on the old server to verify all is working and it is now on release 12.7.871.3
3) Install the same release on the new server, that means Windows Client r12.7 SP2 Build871 + Patch 3
4) Delete the "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" folder on the new server
5) Copy the "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" folder from the old server to the new server
6) Rename the "C:\BrightStor SRM Data" folder on the old server to keep it as backup
7) Start the Windows Client on the new server to verify all is working and it is on release 12.7.871.3
The Windows Client r12.7 SP2 Build871 and Patch3 are available for download from support.ca.com via our web site - "CA Vantage Storage Resource Manager Maintenance Grid":