- The following error is received within the connector rallylog.log after configuring the <Emailer> in XML:
- ?WARN : YetiMailer.initialize - Error sending email - 501 5.0.0 HELO requires domain address
- What is happening is that the <Emailer> is sending your internal system name for Sendmail. The remote server performs a reverse DNS lookup and rejects your HELO as an invalid domain name.?
- First check the hostname of the connector system and ensure that it is valid:
- ?Improper Hostname: example
- Proper Hostname: example.domain.com
- The address referenced should be a fully qualified name known in DNS. If such a name is unavailable, a domain literal should be used, again for the sending system.?