If we install Microsoft patch KB2509553 on a CABI X1 3.1 SP3 (CABI 3.2) then Connection Server status goes into "failed" with following error message: "This server is considered failed because it has stopped 5 time(s) in 60 minute(s)".
Fix from SAP has been provided to address the issue for the CA BI 3.2 users.
click on Start -> All Programs -> Business Objects X1 3.1 -> Business Objects Enterprise -> click on Central Configuration Manager
Click on Server Intelligence Agent (SIA)
- Stop SIA on the node.
- Download the attached files.zip file.
- Navigate to the following directory-
- <Install Dir>\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86
- Locate the file "network-vc-mt.dll","network-vc-mt.lib" and rename it to back up the file.
- Copy the "network-vc-mt.dll" and "network-vc-mt.lib" provided in the files.Zip file to <Install Dir>\CommonReporting3\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86
- Start SIA
SAP Reference Note: